SHUTESBURY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FISCAL MANAGEMENT GOALS
As trustee of local, state, and federal funds allocated for use in public education, the School Committee seeks to ensure that public monies are used wisely and appropriately for achievement of the purposes to which they are allocated, as determined by the Committee’s Budget Planning process and the school districts goals and objectives.
The school district’s fiscal management should:
1. Ensure high quality education for the students.
2. Engage in advance planning with staff and community to define the school program and to develop a school operating budget that will support that program.
3. Guide expenditures so as to achieve the greatest educational returns and the greatest contributions to the educational program in relation to dollars expended.
4. Use the best reasonably available techniques for tracking and reporting on district finances.
5. Provide timely, understandable and relevant information to all staff with fiscal management responsibilities, School Committee members, Town officials and interested members of the community
6. Establish maximum efficiency and effectiveness in procedures for accounting, reporting, business, purchasing and delivery, payroll payment of vendors and contractors, and all other areas of fiscal management.
First reading: 04-25-07 Second reading, first vote: 05-16-07 Final Vote: 06-20-07